I spent my last day home at my favorite place, Bethany Beach. My job is in Bethany, I'm the girl who sets up umbrellas for people on the beach. I love my job, but sometimes I am amazed at the silly questions I get and the behavior of some beach newbies. This has inspired me to compile a list, in case any of the lovely Junior Misses come back to Delaware to visit, so that they will NOT look like a "touron" (tourist+moron).
1) Porpoises live in the ocean naturally. We do not contain them in cages and there is no porpoise or dolphin show.
2) Yes, I assume there are sharks in the water, I haven't seen any attacks but it's the Atlantic Ocean, they're out there.
3) Yes it's always this sandy. (Really someone asked me that)
4) Crocs and/or sandals with socks underneath is never a good look.
5) Boys, let's keep the shorts below mid-thigh!
6) Ladies, when chosing swimwear, remember that leaving something to the imagination is preferable.
7) Sunscreen is your friend! Show that SPF a little love! Steaming lobster looks great on your dinner plate, not on your skin! Plus, in 30 years, you don't want to look like your favorite leather Coach bag!
8) I do not know how high the tide will come up, unfortunately the moon controls that, not me.
9) Fanny packs are a big no-no. Only kangaroos can pull off the tummy pouch!
10) Always tip your umbrella girl!!! ;)
That concludes my ways to blend in with the local Bethany crowd. As for now, I need to finish up my packing for Mobile, Alabama tomorrow!