MOBILE, Al. (WPMI) With work and other extra curricular activites, many times the time we spend with our family just relaxing and doing fun things is minimal. That's why many experts say a family night tradition is a great way to make time to bond. In a recent survey, working parents were asked what are some simple things they can do without breaking the bank. Here are the top five results.
1) Just taking a walk together. Most families surveyed say that's the best bonding time for them, whether it's a walk through the neighborhood, a stroll on the beach or through a trail. It's a way for them to bond and talk about what's been going on in everyone's life.
2) Swimming. We live in the perfect area for it. A dip in the pool or at the beach; some fun splashing around involving the entire family is always a great way to burn off energy and spend time together.
3) Fishing. It's something everyone can do. You're taking in nature and the relaxed atmosphere is a nice way to bond.
4) Nothing beats a movie night for a fun family night. Many families said they don't have to go to the theatre, just popping some popcorn, plopping down on the couch and watching movies at home is a fun way to spend time together.
5) Just running around. Many families say whether it's a game of ball in the backyard or running at the park, it's fun bonding time with the kids to just play and run with no agenda.