JACKSON COUNTY, Miss. (WPMI) Crystals meant for a science project were accidentally handed out as candy to students in Jackson County, Miss., according to investigators.
It happened Wednesday at St. Martin Upper Elementary school.
Poison control was called and the children and adults are expected to be fine.
The identities of the children and adults are not being released as the incident remains under investigation.
Aluminum potassium sulfate is commonly used in anti-acids and laxatives.
Local 15 News has a crew working on this story. We will have more on Local 15 News at 10 p.m.