MOBILE, Ala. (WPMI) The city of Mobile played a major role in making sure some 4,000 plus passengers and crew member aboard the Carnival Triumph were comfortable.
The city says 2,900 rooms were booked in the city Wednesday and Thursday nights. Many family members of passengers, passengers and crew members dined at area restaurants.
Other restaurants also stepped up to provide a hot meal to families waiting for loved ones:
- Saucy-Q Restaurant provided hundreds of free barbecue meals for the family members on the Triumph
- Local Coca Cola Bottling Company provided soft drinks
- McDonald's franchise provided free "Happy Meals" to passengers
- Cream and Sugar Bakery provided free cake balls
- The Salvation Army gave away hundreds cups of coffee and hot chocolate
- Krispy Kreme provided thousands of doughnuts to waiting family members and local regional and national media outlets
The Triumph is now at BAE Systems, where crew members will assess the damage.