(MOBILE, Ala.) Keep Mobile Beautiful is collecting old Christmas Trees now through January 9. The trees will be ground into mulch for use by area gardeners. Residents are encouraged to continue or begin a new Christmas family tradition of recycling their old tree rather than tossing it to the curb.
Trees may be delivered at any time to the recycling stations. However, Keep Mobile Beautiful volunteers will be on hand from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, December 29 & 30 and January 5 & 6 to assist recyclers with tree unloading.
Old Christmas trees may be delivered to any of the following locations:
1. Parkway Plaza - 2655 Dauphin Island Parkway
2. 2501 Government Boulevard – in front of Food World
3. Wildwood Shopping Center - 4055 Cottage Hill west of Azalea
4. Airport at University – behind the BP Station
5. Westwood Plaza - Airport at Schillinger
6. Park Forest Center - Moffet at Forest Hill Drive
Be a good recycler! Before you turn your tree in for recycling - REMEMBER –
~ remove all lights ~ remove ornaments
~ remove metal or plastic stand ~ remove plastic bags
~ tinsel ~ garland
THE LAST DAY TO TURN IN A TREE IS SUNDAY, JANUARY 9 !