MOBILE, Ala. (WPMI) The Mobile Police Department is seeking qualified men and women to become police officers.
Beginning Friday, March 8, 2013, the Mobile County Personnel Board will begin accepting applications. Those interested can submit their application in person at 1809 Government Street. Applicants who successfully complete and pass all phases of the hiring process will be hired for upcoming police academies.
Mobile Police Department offers competitive wages along with an attractive benefits package. Starting police officers are paid on the following scale:
• $29,361 - high school diploma or its equivalent.
• $30,848 - Associate Degree
• $32,410 - Bachelor's Degree
• $34,050 - Master's Degree
Officer benefits include:
• Health and dental insurance with prescription drug coverage
• Take-home vehicle program
• Uniform, weapons and other police equipment
• Life insurance
• Paid holidays and sick leave
• Built-in overtime
• Per diem
Interested individuals can find more information and applications for these open positions by visiting www.PersonnelBoard.org or by going to the Mobile County Personnel Board located at 1809 Government Street. Additional information is also available on the Mobile Police Department’s website at www.MobilePD.org.