MOBILE, Ala. (WPMI) Alabama's tax holiday is right around the corner. The Alabama Department of Revenue wants to make sure you're prepared by sending out what you can get, tax free.
The Severe Weather Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday is Friday, February 22 through Sunday, February 24. This means that you can get severe weather supplies, free of tax on those days.
Items covered under the holiday:
- Batteries: AAA-cell batteries, AA-cell batteries, C-cell batteries, D-cell batteries, 6-volt batteries, 9-volt batteries (NOTE: coin batteries, automobile batteries and boat batteries are not exempt.)
- Cellular phone battery
- Cellular phone charger
- Portable self-powered or battery-powered radio, two-way radio, weather-band radio or NOAA weather radio
- Portable self-powered light source, including battery-powered flashlights, lanterns, or emergency glow sticks
- Tarpaulin, plastic sheeting, plastic drop cloths, and other flexible, waterproof sheeting
- Ground anchor system, such as bungee cords or rope, or tie-down kits
- Duct tape
- Plywood, window film or other materials specifically designed to protect window coverings
- Non-electric food storage cooler or water storage container
- Non-electric can opener
- Artificial ice, blue ice, ice packs, reusable ice
- Self-contained first aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
- Smoke detector
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Gas or diesel fuel tank or container
For more information about Alabama's annual Sales Tax Holiday for severe Weather preparedness, CLICK HERE.