MOBILE, Ala. (WPMI) Mobile Fire-Rescue is investigating after a fire broke out inside an apartment Saturday.
It happened at Barrington Apartments on Cottage Hill Road. Officials got the call at 1:06 p.m.
Firefighters arrived to find light smoke coming from an upstairs apartment.
Once firefighters made entry, they encountered heavy smoke and a small fire behind a clothes dryer, which was quickly extinguished.
The family of five had left prior to the fire. They confirmed the dryer was in use when they left the house.
Fire officials say the blaze is still under investigation, but all indications are that it was accidental and originated behind the dryer.
Damage is estimated at $10,000.
No injuries were reported.