MOBILE, Ala. (WPMI) What's one of the biggest complaints you hear from working moms, or moms period in a lot of cases? We never get enough sleep! We have five suggestions from working mother magazine's expert panel on how to get a better night's rest.
1) Limit your wine intake at night. If you have to drink a glass, do that, just one glass. Anymore and you may wake up after just a few hours.
2) Turn off the television. Since TV actually stimulates the mind, it's best not to watch it immediately before hitting the sack.
3) Avoid your computer for 30 minutes before bed since the light from the screen can disrupt your circadian rhythm.
4) If you have to read a book to get you settled down, try a light, uplifting book instead of a mystery or thriller, which may leave you feeling tense.
5) Take a relaxing bath. Remember though, the body needs to cool down to fall asleep, so bathe at least an hour prior to going to bed.
For more parenting tips be sure to pick up the latest edition of Mobile Bay or Eastern Shore parents magazine. In this month's baby issue, check out the mom of the month -- Local 15's assistant news director Allison Kelley talks about weight loss after a new baby.