Little House Bistro
King Cake Bread Pudding
1 - 1 lb. king cake
3 - large eggs
1 - 14 oz can condensed milk
18 oz - half n' half
1 tbsp - cinnamon
1 tsp - vanilla extract
1 cup - raisins
1 cup - chopped pecans (optional)
*preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Remove excess icing from king cake.
2. Combine remaining ingredients: eggs, condensed milk, half n' half, cinnamon, vanilla, raisins. (If using pecans add them in as well)
3. Into a large bowl tear king cake into small to medium pieces.
4. Pour wet mixture onto king cake. Hand toss or carefully stir with spatula.
5. Bake for 1 hour in a greased 10 inch springform pan.
6. Let bread pudding rest and cool for 45 minutes before adding icing.
*Serve warm or cold*
- 1.5 oz. Coconut Rum
- 2 cups - confectioners' sugar
- 1 tbsp cream